Recipe by rbrynsaas
An easy side dish with great flavor. I love the goat cheese in this! If you want to make these ahead, chill them and reheat before serving, adding some extra liquid. Stir in the chives right before serving.
Top Review by Kelly M.
While trying to thin out my magazinie recipe clipping collection I ran across this one and decided to make it tonight since I had goat heese in the house. It was just ok for me. I love goat cheese and potatoes but it felt like it was missing something else to give it some oomph. It certainly wasn't bad but just didn't knock my socks off enough for me to keep the recipe. Regarding prep, its simple and quick to make, would be a great after work side dish.
- 3 lbs peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup goat cheese, about 6 oz
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with cold water to 2 inches above. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Return the potatoes to pan over low heat; add remaining 1 teaspoon salt and butter to pan. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Add cheese and peper to potato mixture; stir until cheese melts. Stir in milk; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in chives.