Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food! Nice with sour cream served on the side.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chorizo sausage, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 bunch chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook potatoes and the garlic in boiling, salted water until soft.
- Drain and reserve.
- In a non-stick, oven-safe pan, render chorizo until slightly brown.
- Preheat grill.
- Briefly mash the potatoes, fold in with the chorizo.
- Add butter, chives, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheese and place under the grill.
- Grill until the cheese is browned.
This is comfort food at it's best. I love the blend of just a little spicy with the smooth texture of cheesy potato. I omitted the chives and tossed in just a touch of minsed onion per preference. Perfection!! Thanks Pet~
So good! although I use chorizo all the time for recipes, this is the first time I have ever added it to mashed potatoes! I used roasted garlic and green onions, these smashed taters are absolutely delicious! thanks pets!...Kitten:)
This is comfort food! Would make a great brunch. Just make fours wells and place four eggs in the wells then broil till desired. The only change I made was using scallions is place of the chives.!