Prep 1 min
Cook 40 mins
Inspired by recipe from Aida Mollenkamp.
- 3 lbs medium unpeeled baby potatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup warmed heavy cream
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with salted water by at least 3 inches and bring to a boil. Cover and cook potatoes until fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes. Return pot to stove over medium-high heat and add butter. When butter foams, add drained potatoes and stir to coat. Smash each potato just to break the skin and cook until golden brown. Stir in chives and cream, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.