Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich creamy smashed potatoes. Goes great with Meatloaf Muffins with Barbeque Sauce.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes or 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces cream cheese, plain or veggie, cut into pieces
- 10 chives, chopped (or 2 scallions)
- salt & pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender, 15 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender, drain them and return them to the hot pot to let them dry out a bit.
- Mash potatoes with half and half or milk using a potato masher.
- Add in the cream cheese and smash until the cheese melts into the potatoes.
- Then add the chives or scallions.
- Season with salt & pepper.
Outstanding. I used yukon gold small potatoes left skins on, threw them in my Kitchen Aid along with the other ingredients. It couldn't have been easier and more delish!
Very, very good. I used red potatoes with the skins on & left out the chives. The cream cheese adds a really good flavor and creaminess, but these get really thick after sitting a few minutes. I might add a bit more half/half next time. Served with Recipe #109859 and Recipe #133821 for a great Sunday night meal.
I have made my mashed potatoes this way for a long time. They are fabulous.