1/1 Photo of Smashed Potatoes and Broccoli
Just saw this on the Down Home with the Neely's show and had to share! What a great way to get veggies into your meal. Tweaked just a leeetle bit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 4 lbs russet potatoes, quartered
- 2 heads broccoli (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1/4 cup butter (you can use Smart Balance margarine)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Boil the potatoes in salted water until very tender; about 20 minutes. Cut the florets off the broccoli and add to boiling potatoes, till soft, about 7 minutes. Drain and transfer back into pot.
- 2Heat the milk, cream, and butter in a small saucepan. Pour sauce into the potatoes and broccoli, mash together.
- 3Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- 4If desired, mash in 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smashed Potatoes and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (3443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 279.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 17.1 g