Recipe by Small Town Cook
A friend of mine told me about making this. I finally recreated it. They are so good. They give a new twist to fried potatoes. Can use bacon, sausage or ham. Great served with sour cream or ranch dressing.
- 6 potatoes, baked
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In frypan heat butter.
- Place 1 potato on counter. Using a bowl, smash down potato.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Fry on one side until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Put bacon and mushrooms over each potato.
- Add cheese to top of each potato.
- Fry another 5 minutes or until second side is golden and crispy and cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing.