Recipe by puppitypup
These are quick and delicious and go well with any meal. To save time for a busy holiday, whisk sour cream, cream, eggs and spices together and store in fridge until ready to add them in.
- 453.59 g red potatoes
- water, to cover potato
- 9.85 ml kosher salt, for boiling (don't increase salt for more servings)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml cream cheese
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml cream or 29.58 ml half-and-half
- 1 egg
- 0.59 ml kosher salt
- 0.25 ml fresh ground pepper
- minced chives or parsley
- 0.25 ml italian seasoning (optional) or 0.25 ml onion powder (optional) or 0.25 ml garlic powder (optional) or 0.25 ml steak seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes and remove eyes and bad spots. Do not peel. Cut in half or large chunks. If using garlic, peel clove and place in pot with potatoes.
- Cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook on medium-low for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes and put back into pot. Add remaining ingredients and mash in the pot using a hand-held potato masher.
- Add additional milk, salt and pepper as needed. Add optional spices if desired.
- Top with paprika and either parsley or chives.