Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are quick and delicious and go well with any meal. To save time for a busy holiday, whisk sour cream, cream, eggs and spices together and store in fridge until ready to add them in.
- 1 lb red potatoes
- water, to cover potato
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, for boiling (don't increase salt for more servings)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- minced chives or parsley
- 1 dash italian seasoning (optional) or 1 dash onion powder (optional) or 1 dash garlic powder (optional) or 1 dash steak seasoning (optional)
- Wash potatoes and remove eyes and bad spots. Do not peel. Cut in half or large chunks. If using garlic, peel clove and place in pot with potatoes.
- Cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook on medium-low for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes and put back into pot. Add remaining ingredients and mash in the pot using a hand-held potato masher.
- Add additional milk, salt and pepper as needed. Add optional spices if desired.
- Top with paprika and either parsley or chives.
Wonderful potatoes! Followed the recipe exactly. Will be making these again!
Kind of hard to figure out how much 1 lb. of potatoes is. Mine came out really wet and globby. You might want to tell us how many potatoes to use in number rather than poundage.
Delicious -- used green onions since it was what we had. Quick and delicious side dish. Thanks!