Use your favourite herbs and spices to top these tasty, crunchy potatoes. Our family love a pinch of cayenne pepper, cumin and caraway seeds. I also like to dab the potatoes with a bit of butter before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Don't peel the potatoes but bring them to the boil in a pot of salted water.
- Boil until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a lightly greased baking tray.
- Use a potato masher to squash each potato flat, until it is twice its orginal diameter.
- Brush the tops of the potatoes with oil and scatter with your choice of seeds and fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden.