Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I got this recipe off of foodnetwork.com. What a wonderful recipe. Another way to make potatoes interesting. I made them as this recipe called for and it was delicious. The next time I made it I made variations to this. After smashing them, I put on the olive oil and then sprinkled dill weed and chives and covered in mozza cheese, and served with herbed sourcream. So delicious.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until tender.
- Turn oven up to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Push down on the baked potatoes with a potato masher or small plate so that they crack open and are flattened, doubling in diameter.
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with fennel seeds and salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crisp about 15 to 20 minutes more.
Very good. However I did tweek it a little since I don't really care for fennel. I drizzled the potatoes with basil flavored olive oil and topped with cheddar cheese and fresh chives out of my garden.
I used fingerling potatoes and enjoyed them! Thanks!
Very good. I was looking for a fennel recipe and thought this looked interesting. Super simple and easy. Made no changes or substitutions. Served with Maple Glazed Ham Steak and Tomatoes in Mayonnaise. I can see myself preparing these again, and trying some of the variations. Had some leftovers which reheated well: microwave until lukewarm and put in toaster oven at 450-500 for approx. 5mins.