Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chunky, garlicky version of mashed potatoes. Good with steaks.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes (do not peel).
- Combine potatoes, onion and garlic in a medium saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 20 minutes or until potatoes break apart easily when pierced with a fork.
- Drain potatoes, and return to saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and coarsely mash, leaving some potatoes in chunks.
These were pretty good. I made them for company and everyone agreed they did NOT like the taste of the ground mustard, though. I also found I had to use quite a bit more milk than was indicated and I also added a bunch of butter to the potatoes when I mashed them. I was very generous with the freshly ground pepper and everyone agreed it was a keeper, as long as I leave out the mustard next time. Thanks for the recipe!