Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw Rachael Ray make this and I had to get the recipe down so I could try it! Enjoy!
- 4 idaho potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 purple onion
- 1 bunch scallion
- 4 -6 sirloin steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- 1 dash milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 dash thyme
- Cut the already scrubbed potatoes into big chunks and drop into pot of boiling water.
- Melt butter in saucepan, and add entire clove to it (butter will soak up garlic flavor).
- Cut the peppers into thin strips (make sure to seed them well so they aren't too hot), and onion into little pieces.
- Trim fat off of steak and cut into thin strips (same size as the peppers).
- Cut scallions and put into butter (take the garlic out at this time).
- Heat olive oil in pan and put steak in to cook all the way through.
- Push meat to one side of pan, add more oil and cook the veggies.
- Sprinkle thyme and salt and pepper onto veggies. Pour a splash of Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper onto steak.
- Continue to cook and eventually mix it all together.
- Drain potatoes and place back in hot pot, pour in milk, sour cream, butter, and some salt and pepper. Mash until well mixed but still chunky.
- Sever potatoes with the hash over them. Enjoy!