Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Only 4 WW points per serving.
- 3 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch pieces (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- Beat 1/2 cup of the milk and flour with a wire whisk until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook onion in oil about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Increase heat to high; stir in remaining 3 cups milk.
- Stir in potatoes, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 15 to 16 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender.
- Beat in flour mixture with wire whisk.
- Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened; remove from heat.
- Beat potato mixture with wire whisk until potatoes are slightly mashed.
- Stir in cheese, sour cream and green onions.