Recipe by cookCol
This is an Emeril recipe. I pulled it off the Food TV website several years ago...talk about quick and easy! We've made it with a blend of sweet and white potatoes, added garlic to the potatoes as they're cooking...anything goes!!
- 2 lbs small white potatoes
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced thinly on the bias
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan cover the potatoes with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
- Smash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add scallions, red onion, mayo and cider vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and vinegar.
- This is best served warm or at room temperature.