Recipe by utahmomtotwo
My family loves this casserole. It always turns out creamy. It is a comfort food for us and we love to have it on a cold winter night. On the WW plan it is core if you omit the cheddar cheese.
- 1 lb potato
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter potatoes, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return potatoes and reserved liquid to pan; mash with a potato masher until slightly chunky.
- Add broccoli, onion, cottage cheese, dill weed, salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.