My family loves this casserole. It always turns out creamy. It is a comfort food for us and we love to have it on a cold winter night. On the WW plan it is core if you omit the cheddar cheese.
- Quarter potatoes, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return potatoes and reserved liquid to pan; mash with a potato masher until slightly chunky.
- Add broccoli, onion, cottage cheese, dill weed, salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
We enjoyed this casserole. It was light and creamy, and a great way to get broccoli into my little ones.
Very easy and delicious. I'd have absolutely no hesitation about making this one again!
I loved this casserole; it was easy to whip up and tasted great. I didn't need any of the reserved liquid though, and I also added salt to the potatoes while they were cooking, so I didn't need to add any afterward. Thanks!