Recipe by Alyssa #3
Threw this together after work last night and was really happy with the outcome. It would be quite versatile, so feel free to add whatever veggies and/or meats you have on hand.
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (freshly cooked would probably be better)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 1.5 quart casserole.
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and mash.
- Combine potatoes with spinach, sour cream, milk, garlic, chives, bacon, and S&P.
- Stir in half the cheese.
- Put into prepared casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes and enjoy!