Alyssa #3's Note:
Threw this together after work last night and was really happy with the outcome. It would be quite versatile, so feel free to add whatever veggies and/or meats you have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (freshly cooked would probably be better)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 1.5 quart casserole.
- 2Boil potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and mash.
- 3Combine potatoes with spinach, sour cream, milk, garlic, chives, bacon, and S&P.
- 4Stir in half the cheese.
- 5Put into prepared casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake 30 minutes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smashed Potato and Spinach Bake
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.5
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 16.6 g