Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Threw this together after work last night and was really happy with the outcome. It would be quite versatile, so feel free to add whatever veggies and/or meats you have on hand.
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (freshly cooked would probably be better)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 1.5 quart casserole.
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and mash.
- Combine potatoes with spinach, sour cream, milk, garlic, chives, bacon, and S&P.
- Stir in half the cheese.
- Put into prepared casserole and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes and enjoy!