- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinced and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- saute chopped onion in hot olive oil in a pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add minced garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Mash bean mixture with a potato mashed until thickened, leaving some of the beans whole.