Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Keep these on hand for quick burritos, or soft tacos. This also makes a great side dish.
Make and share this Smashed Pinto Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinced and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- saute chopped onion in hot olive oil in a pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add minced garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Mash bean mixture with a potato mashed until thickened, leaving some of the beans whole.
Very Yummy! We melted cheddar cheese over it and served it with Tortilla chips on Taco night!
These were good on their own, but absolutely excellent when used as a wet burrito filling--SO much better than the canned! I tried to lower the sodium content by cooking some dry pinto beans the night before. I'm still not sure if I got the conversion from canned to dry correct in terms of bean quantity.