Keep these on hand for quick burritos, or soft tacos. This also makes a great side dish.
Make and share this Smashed Pinto Beans recipe from Food.com.
- saute chopped onion in hot olive oil in a pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add minced garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Mash bean mixture with a potato mashed until thickened, leaving some of the beans whole.