Recipe by DailyInspiration
This is a Gourmet Magazine recipe which is a variation on "mushy peas", a beloved British street food. Posted for ZWT 8.
- 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas, not thawed
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes and softened
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peas with water and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a 5-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until heated through and tender, about 8 minutes.
- While peas cook, stir together butter, mint, parsley, pepper and remaining 3/4 teaspoons salt until combined well.
- Pulse peas (with cooking water) in 2 batches in a food processor until coarsely pureed, transferring to a large bowl. Stir in herb butter until melted.