Recipe by Pianolady
This is a very easy, very fast and different way to enjoy peas as a delicious addition to your meal. This comes from Rachael Ray / 30-Minute Meals.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 medium lemon, zested
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To a medium pot over medium heat, add oil, then butter and onion.
- Saute onion bits for 2 minutes, then add frozen peas and raise the heat a bit.
- Stir peas to heat them through and allow their water to evaporate.
- When peas are heated through add ricotta and parsley to the pan and smash cheese together with the peas.
- Add lemon zest.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper and serve.