1/1 Photo of Smashed Chickpea Greek Salad Sandwich
This easy vegetarian smashed chickpea sandwich has all of the flavors of traditional Greek Salad, but in salad sandwich form. From Two Peas and their Pod.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas (or garbanzo beans)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 1/4 cup diced kalamata olive, pits removed
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- whole wheat bread, slices for sandwich
- spinach leaves, for sandwich
- grape tomatoes, for sandwiches or tomato, slices for sandwiches
- 1Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Place on a paper towel and remove the outer skins. They come off easily by rolling them around on the paper towel. You can leave them on, but I like to remove them.
- 2In a medium bowl, using a fork or potato masher smash the chickpeas, mayonnaise(or yogurt, and feta cheese together. Add in the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, red onion, kalamata olives, cucumber, and oregano. Mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3Spread chickpea salad on bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings. I like to add fresh spinach leaves and tomatoes. The filling will make 3-4 sandwiches, depending on how thick you layer it on and how big your bread is. Enjoy!
- 4Note: You can also eat this salad with pita chips or crackers. It is also good inside of a pita pocket. Serve with gluten-free bread or crackers, if you are eating gluten-free.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smashed Chickpea Greek Salad Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (646 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 808.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: