Recipe by gailanng
I can't wait to try this one from From Two Peas and Their Pod. http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/smashed-chickpea-avocado-salad-sandwich/
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- whole wheat bread, slices
- tomatoes, slices
- alfalfa sprout
- fresh spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Place on a paper towel and remove the outer skins. You can leave them on, but I like the skins.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork or potato masher smash the chickpeas and avocado together. Add in cilantro, green onion and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread salad on bread and top with your favorite sandwich toppings.
- Best eaten the same day.