Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Ladies Home Journal Sept 2008......looks yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water by 2 inches and add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minute Drain and return potatoes to pan.
- Add cheese, milk, butter and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Using a potato masher, smash together until evenly combined but slightly chunky.
- Serve immediately or cover to keep warm.
Basic mashed potatoes with cheese. Really good, I added a little extra cheese. Once on plate, I put a dollop of sour cream on potatoes.