Recipe by billikers
If you prefer smoother mashed potatoes, just peel the potatoes before cooking them. From Woman's World, April 24 2007.
Top Review by bonjovi4ever
Very good! And so easy. A must try for anyone who loves potatoes! This is a keeper! Next time I will add some bacon bits to see how that will be. I am sure yummy! Thanks for a crowd pleasing recipe!
- 2 lbs medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, combine potatoes with enough salted water to cover. Bring to boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- In same pot, heat milk, butter, salt and pepper over low heat until hot and butter is melted. Add potatoes; mash until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Set aside 2 Tbsp cheese. Stir remaining cheese into potato mixture. Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining cheese and, if desired, parsley.