Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you prefer smoother mashed potatoes, just peel the potatoes before cooking them. From Woman's World, April 24 2007.
- 2 lbs medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In large pot, combine potatoes with enough salted water to cover. Bring to boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- In same pot, heat milk, butter, salt and pepper over low heat until hot and butter is melted. Add potatoes; mash until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Set aside 2 Tbsp cheese. Stir remaining cheese into potato mixture. Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining cheese and, if desired, parsley.
Very good! And so easy. A must try for anyone who loves potatoes! This is a keeper! Next time I will add some bacon bits to see how that will be. I am sure yummy! Thanks for a crowd pleasing recipe!
This recipe was very easy to make and tasted great! I left the potatoes unpeeled for more texture. I like that there is not too much butter in this, yet it is still yummy comfort food. The addition of cheese makes these different from other mashed potatoes I've tried. Thanks so much for posting this easy recipe, I'll be making it again!
This was easy and fantastic. got alot of sound effects from the guests. i did add more cheese though than what was listed. Otherwise, still good. f.y.i. if you havent tried mashed potatoes with horseradish sauce..do it! gives it a great kick