Recipe by LegalPrincess83
I have been following Weight Watchers for approximately 9 months and decided to switch to their "Core" plan instead of "Flex." Core involves eating unprocessed, natural and lean foods in moderation, until satisfaction. There is no "Point" counting, per se, when eating "Core" foods. I developed this recipe with food I had at home, and wow, I have to say, it turned out GREAT. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Succhtayn allah albee! (Butchered Arabic for "To your health!")
Top Review by Paris D
We wanted to love this but I'm sorry to say that we were disappointed. This was an expensive recipe (berries and salmon are very expensive here) and the chile sauce overpowered everything so that it was the only flavor that really came through. You really can't taste any berry flavors and you can't taste the salmon. It was also too salty for us and we used reduced-sodium soy sauce. Sorry :(
- 12 ounces fresh salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup mashed raspberries or 1 cup blackberries or 1 cup blueberries
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce (or crushed red pepper)
- 1 -2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, halved
- 1⁄2 large fresh tomato, chopped (peeled, if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced (Texas Sweet or Vidalia)
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced & rinsed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon fillet, de-boned, in a freezer bag. In a bowl, combine 1 tsp Olive Oil, Berries, 4 Tbs Soy Sauce and White Pepper together, and gently rub over fish. Marinate 2 - 18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Remove salmon from bag, place on baking sheet, with marinade. (Use aluminum foil for easy clean-up.) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
- Allow fish to cool. Remove fish from skin and flake into a separate container, removing excess marinade.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sweet onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
- Add flaked fish, 1/4 cup soy sauce, chili sauce, lime juice, green beans, tomato, green onion, and water chestnuts. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until veggies are at desired texture.
- In a separate shallow sauce pan, add 1 teaspoons olive oil.
- Over medium heat, add garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add dry couscous to oil and garlic. Stir to coat with oil and lightly brown. Add salt.
- Add ¾ cup very hot water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until couscous absorbs all of the water, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Serve stir-fry over couscous.