Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A yummy counterpart to a hearty comfort food meal. One of my grandmother's best.
- 1 lb potato, peeled, cubed and boiled
- 1⁄4 lb lean bacon
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper
- Drain cooked potatoes and set aside.
- Chop bacon and brown in frying pan.
- add onion and cook in bacon fat.
- When onions are translucent, dump potatoes on top in frying pan and mash in with a fork.
- turn potatoes until they are well-browned.
- You can peel potatoes before cooking or simply wash them for more nutritional value.