Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was a hit for my whole family. It is quick and easy and tastes so good!
Make and share this Smash Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix the first three ingredients together.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Press pecans into batter.
- Beat cream cheese, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar till smooth and pour over batter.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and place in a 350° oven for 35-45 minutes (till lightly golden).
- Do not cut till cool.
Okay, this one is different. I don't even know how to discribe. It is tasty, but lacking at the same time. used a combo of walnuts and hazelnuts. Make sure you press them in well, so when you pour on the topping they don't scatter everywhere. You know, maybe it's a big dollop of ice cream it needs! Thanks!!
I made this for my book club, and since there is a gal who is allergic to nuts I used a mixed berry blend instead. WOW! Everyone was just raving about it!! I did have to bake it a little longer than stated...coulda just been my oven or the fact I added berries.
I made it with sliced almonds so it wasn't as good as I think it is with pecans. I think it needs the stronger flavor of the pecans. I'm going to try it with the pecans for the next church potluck. It was really easy and you can't beat that.