6 hrs 30 mins
This is an adaptation of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (No Ice Cream Maker) (No Ice Cream Maker - Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream; thank you Luv4food). I was rather enthused with the design and decided to give it a whirl with some vanilla, cherries and chocolate bits. Preparation time can be longer if cherries are completely worked over by hand. Oh, and the "smash" refers to breaking down the chocolate into bits, and the "slash" refers to cutting up the cherries. I wanted to make it sound fun. =D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill mixing bowls, mixer beaters, and all utensils you'll use in conjunction with the cream and milk.
- 2Pit and chop up cherries in a contained environment, such as a large pot. Set aside, but save the remaining juice. Admire the blood-like spray of juice that inevitably got on you ;).
- 3If you don't enjoy slashing up cherries, pitting them and chopping them in a blender or something is sufficient. Be sure to save the juice.
- 4Put chocolate into a plastic bag and smash into small pieces with a mallet or the flat end of a tenderizer. Set aside.
- 5Retrieve a (smaller) mixing bowl and whip the cream until very stiff, adding the sugar while whipping.
- 6In the other (larger) mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the condensed milk, water, vanilla extract, cherry juice, and food coloring (optional).
- 7Fold the whipped cream into the milk mixture. It can be rather chunky once it's all folded. Mmmm -- "chunky" ;).
- 8Add the cherries and gently mix, but mix thoroughly.
- 9Add the chocolate bits and gently, thoroughly mix.
- 10Transfer the cream-milk-cherry-chocolate mixture into a 6-cup/1.5L freezer container. Please do not transfer from a large height. Or, y'know, try that. See how it goes for you ;D.
- 11Freeze until semi-frozen, then stir.
- 12Freeze for six hours total before eating =).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smash and Slash Cherry Cordial Ice Cream - No Maker Needed
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 57.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g