Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy cupcakes with colouful smarties in them. Great for kids parties and are devoured by kids and adults alike.
- Blend butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and milk and orange zest.
- Mix 4 packets of smarties in quickly with a few strokes otherwise they will start to dye the batter.
- Gently fold in the flour.
- Divide mixture into a 12 hole muffin tray and add a few extra smarties from remaining packet on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 Celsius.
- Note that the smarties remain soft in the cupcake.
- Edited to add: These are wonderful when covered with Kitten's Buttercream icing and decorated with an assortment of lollies. The photo is of some of these cupcakes that my niece ( a chef in the making if I ever saw one) and I did for my son's birthday party a few years ago.