Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies have Smarties candies in them instead of chocolate or other sweet flavored chips. Kids love them, and they're a nice change of pace.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups smarties candies
- Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in Smarties.
- Drop by teaspoon fulls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes.
I made this with my kids today. Good recipe but I reduced the baking time to 8 mins. The cookies burned if I left them until 10.
Great recipe. I used a soup spoon to measure them out and placed the smarties on top instead of mixed in to make them big and colourful (which made 13). I was quite generous with the smarties, used about 300g in a single batch (for those wondering how much to buy). I've uploaded some photos too.