Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I cut this out of the TV Guide in 1984, it was a feature on celebritie's favourite recipes and this was Howie Mandel's contribution. Sometimes I use red and green smarties for Christmas or pastel ones for Easter. Reeces Pieces are good in these too.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml golden brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml smarties candies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat till smooth.
- Stir in flour, soda and salt, blend well.
- Gently fold in smarties.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 8- 10 minutes.
I'm guessing that you are in Canada where Smarties are a chocolate candy similar to m&m's and are very different from US Smarties.
Great cookies and so simple. Kids loved them. My only recommendation is to double the recipe, as wil1 it only makes about 18 -20 cookies....
I love these, my mum makes them at X-Mas time and fight over them. Now I am getting my partner to make them, but they are the best and worth a try.