Recipe by Helen1
I cut this out of the TV Guide in 1984, it was a feature on celebritie's favourite recipes and this was Howie Mandel's contribution. Sometimes I use red and green smarties for Christmas or pastel ones for Easter. Reeces Pieces are good in these too.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup smarties candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat till smooth.
- Stir in flour, soda and salt, blend well.
- Gently fold in smarties.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 8- 10 minutes.