Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The kids will love this one! This recipe makes approximately 5 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups smarties candies (called M&M's in the U.S.)
- Cream together margarine and both sugars until smooth.
- Add vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in Smarties.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes until golden brown.
These were great, mine did not hold their shape well, so i think more flour was needed for mine.
the were wolfed down, totally yummy
Just finished making this recipe. I managed to get only 4 doz, guess it is hard to make them all the same size like the picture. My daughter (the cookie critic) said they were really good. I agree they were easy to make. My only comment is to keep the uncooked dropped cookie balls on the baking sheet cool so they don't "melt" during the baking process. The last batch started melting in the cookie sheet.
I made these the other day and it was my first time making cookies ever! They were so easy to make and took no time at all. They were a hit everyone loved them. Definitely going to make these over and over again! Thanks