Recipe by children from A to Z
You will never know that this is low fat. The sauce is so creamy. With this sauce you can have alfredo sauce whenever you like instead of special occasions. I found this in my kraft food & family book. You'll love it, just try it!
Top Review by bricookie55
This was a good stand-in for the fat-laden fettuccine alfredo I crave. It did become a little too thick and almost glue-like in consistency after it had sat for a while. However, the flavor was great and it was really easy to put together. Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, combine broth and flour in medium saucepan.
- Stir in cream cheese, 2 Tbls. of the parmesan cheese, the nutmeg and pepper;
- cook 2 min., stirring constantly with a wire whisk until mixture boils and thickens.
- Drain pasta. Toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley.