Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You will never know that this is low fat. The sauce is so creamy. With this sauce you can have alfredo sauce whenever you like instead of special occasions. I found this in my kraft food & family book. You'll love it, just try it!
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, combine broth and flour in medium saucepan.
- Stir in cream cheese, 2 Tbls. of the parmesan cheese, the nutmeg and pepper;
- cook 2 min., stirring constantly with a wire whisk until mixture boils and thickens.
- Drain pasta. Toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley.
This was a good stand-in for the fat-laden fettuccine alfredo I crave. It did become a little too thick and almost glue-like in consistency after it had sat for a while. However, the flavor was great and it was really easy to put together. Thanks for posting!
This was a tasty dish. I didn't have the parsley to put in it. I served this baked chicken breasts. My sauce did turn out thick, just the way I like it. I will be making this again.
Made for Healthy Choices 2008 ABC. This was pretty good and we did enjoy it. I added chopped chicken and chopped broccoli for a one dish meal. If you are looking for a thick alfredo sauce, this is not it, but it is good. Thanks for posting this.