Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The chicken broth, flour and Neufchatel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese replace the butter and heavy cream used in the traditional alfredo sauce recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 8 teaspoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup neufchatel cheese
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Beat broth and flour in medium saucepan with whisk until well blended. Add Neufchatel, 4 tbsp Parmesan, nutmeg and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until mixture comes to boil and thickens, stirring constantly.