Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy, delicious way to slim down after all the recent holiday overindulgences. From www.topsecretrecipes.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, banana, milk, buttermilk, egg substitute, oil, vanilla, banana flavoring and lemon extract in a large bowl.
- Mix well with electric mixer on high speed.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with the electric mixer.
- Pour batter into muffin cups in a muffin pan until each cup is about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins turn light brown on top.
Thanks, these were good. The half cup of banana equals about one banana. I made this twice because it was good. The second time i left out a 1/4 cup sugar and subbed 1/2 for splenda, because it was quite sweet. Next time I do only a 1/2 cup sugar.