Recipe by Fauve
A healthy, delicious way to slim down after all the recent holiday overindulgences. From www.topsecretrecipes.com.
Top Review by pro home chef
Thanks, these were good. The half cup of banana equals about one banana. I made this twice because it was good. The second time i left out a 1/4 cup sugar and subbed 1/2 for splenda, because it was quite sweet. Next time I do only a 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, banana, milk, buttermilk, egg substitute, oil, vanilla, banana flavoring and lemon extract in a large bowl.
- Mix well with electric mixer on high speed.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with the electric mixer.
- Pour batter into muffin cups in a muffin pan until each cup is about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins turn light brown on top.