Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
"This pasta dish meets all of my criteria for fettuccine alfredo: creamy, creamy and creamy" - Arlene
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta as directed.
- combine broth and flour in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in cream cheese, 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese, nutmeg and pepper; cook for 2 min stirring constantly with whisk until mixture boils and thickens.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss pasta with sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley.