Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
This is an adaptation of a flax/quinoa cracker that is all over the internet. Although I really like the original version, I wanted something a little more traditional in texture. I also needed to keep the carbs down as I am a diabetic. This is a great compromise!
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (use almond meal or flour)
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, seeds*
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed, meal*
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I prefer sea salt)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- *Grind the quinoa and the flax up seperately in a blender.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until blended.
- Pour in the water and oil then mix.
- Spread the mix put onto an 11x17 inch jelly roll pan or baking sheet (put parchment paper down first to prevent sticking) use a rolling pin to get it all the way across.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the crackers into 32 pieces.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. Turn the pieces and remove as they brown up, keeping an eye on them from this point on.