Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cut this out of a maagazine awhile ago. Don't remember which one but it sounds like a good breakfast alternative. They are low cal and low fat
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray a 9x9 inches baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a bowl mix, oats,brown sugar, oil and applesauce.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, add to oat mixture.
- Stir in salt,almond extract and cranberries.
- Bake 30 minutesd.
- Remove from oven; when cool cut into 24 bars.
I'm not rating this recipe as I have not tried it but plan to. I found my copy of this recipe in Fitness magazine. My copy is slightly different. My copy calls for 1/2 raisins instead of cranberries. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting this recipe! Christine (internetnut)