Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Honey, Buttermilk & Smart Balance Spreadable Butter make these scrumptious muffins great for breakfast or as a side to any summer dish.
- smart balance omega nonstick cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons smart balance butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 smart balance omega-3 grade a natural large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups 1% fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a muffin tin with Smart Balance Omega-3 Non-Stick Spray.
- Beat soft butter and honey together, add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture. Stir in cornmeal, flour and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.