Recipe by Cajun Joe
NOTE: This recipe should really be classified under soul food (black New Orleans cooking) but food.com does not have that category listed.
Top Review by cinda37379
i have always used neck bones in my sauce but this is a much easier version...i always had a traditional meat sauce..lot of work..never thought of just having the neck bones in it. YUM!!! THANKS!!!
- 3 lbs pork bones (meaty neck bones)
- 2 (26 ounce) containers spaghetti sauce (I use Prego)
- 1 lb pasta
- water, to cover bones plus1/2-inch (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place neck bones and water in pressure cooker and after it starts steaming, cook for 30 minutes. This cooking method is used to remove fat from the neck bones.
- You can also boil the neck bones in a pot for 90 minutes.
- Remove the liquid from the neck bones in the cooker; replace liquid with the spaghetti sauce.
- Bring to a simmer stirring often, so the neck bones or sauce won't stick to the bottom.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes to heat up the sauce.
- Serve with cooked pasta sprinkled with cheese.
- NOTE: If you serve this to your guests, warn them before hand that this dish is so good it'll curl their toes and make them speechless for a while.
- I felt like I was in heaven while eating it. LOL.
- TIP: Put the stock from cooking the neck bones in the refrigerator. The next day, remove the solid fat from the top and use it to make soup, Jambalaya, or Dirty Rice.