Recipe by Sue Lau
Now that it's just me and my husband at most dinners, a big lasagna becomes a burden with the leftovers which I don't like to either freeze or eat for days on end This version is much smaller, but with all the same flavor you'd expect.
Top Review by Morningfeather
We must have the worlds smallest loaf pans... could explain a lot about my bread making abilities lol This was awesome! Made 2 loaf pans for us so we got 2 dinners and a lunch out of it. Will gladly make this again. Thank you again Sue for a great recipe, we really enjoyed it.
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles (I use low-glycemic Dreamfield's)
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup freshly minced onion
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet for a few minutes then add ground beef, oregano, basil salt and pepper and cook until beef is browned, breaking up any clumped meat. Stir in marinara sauce and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, making sure sauce doesn't get too thick.
- In a small bowl, whisk together a lightly beaten egg with ricotta and parmesan.
- In the bottom of a loaf pan, place about 1 cup meat sauce across the bottom. Top with two noodles, then top with half of the remaining meat sauce mixture. Top with another two noodles and the ricotta mixture. Top with the last two noodles and the remaining sauce. Layer mozzarella slices across the top.
- Loosely tent pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake another ten minutes, allowing cheese to brown.
- Let sit for about 10-15 minutes before you cut into it.