Small Vegetable Cheese Strata
- Assembly: Butter an 8 X 8 pan.
- Generously butter 1 side of bread and cut into 1/2 inch cubes and arrange evenly in pan. (I use Pepperidge Farm Toasting White Bread, crusts and all.)
- Coarsely grate 8 cheese and arrange evenly on bread.
- Dice fairly fine 1/3 cup of each: zucchini, red pepper, green pepper, and onion. Toss together and arrange evenly on cheese.
- Beat eggs with milk and salt and dry mustard powder. Pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle strata with black pepper and basil.
- Put strata in larger pan filled with enough boiling water to reach halfway up strata pan.
- Bake ~1 hour or until top of strata is brown and bubbling. (Water in large pan should have some bubbles but shouldn't actually boil).