Recipe by Queen Dana
I threw this together for lunch today, I'm doing a low carb diet right now and thought a quiche would be a nice change from a salad type lunch. I didn't specify what kind of cheese to use but please do not use a mild cheese like mozzarella or a mild cheddar because it will not have enough flavor for the quiche. I used goat cheese that had been immersed in wine, but an extra sharp cheddar, gruyere, or swiss would work really well. ***You will need a 6-inch pie plate for this recipe, you can POSSIBLY use a normal size pie plate if you double the recipe, but proceed with that at your own risk.
- 473.18 ml fresh broccoli florets, raw
- 141.74 g can tuna in water
- 56.69 g cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml cream
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 3.69 ml dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- nutmeg, grated to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease well a 6 inch pie plate.
- Boil the broccoli in salted water for 2 minutes; drain and set aside. Drain tuna from can and pat dry with paper towels. In a bowl toss together the cooked broccoli, tuna, garlic, green onions, and cheese. Pour the broccoli and tuna mixture into the pie plate and spread evenly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg and cream. Whisk in dry mustard, marjoram, salt and pepper. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the broccoli mixture disturbing the egg mixture evenly. Sprinkle grated nutmeg over quiche.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then let cool at room temp for about 15 minutes before serving.