Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is also a recipe from the IGA supermarket. This is originally printed in French, but I'm translating everything, so I hope nobody minds the translation.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- extra raspberries, for decoration
- extra strawberry, for decoration
- extra blueberries, for decoration
- In a small saucepan combine the wine and the sugar to boil. Let it simmer for about five minutes or just until it becomes a syrup. Reserve.
- With thehelp of a blender ot food processor reduce the strawberries, bluebrries, and raspberries to a puree.
- Put the puree through a sieve to make a smoother puree.
- Put the puree back into the blender with the red wine syrup and blend again, making sure it is smooth.
- Put the puree in a sorbet bowl, cover and congele's for 3 to 4 hours, until it becomes firm.
- Put the puree in a blender and blend until it becomes creamy. Repeat as necassary for the preferred texture.
- Put it in a cold container and put it in the freezer for another hour, until smooth.
- Serve the sorbet in wine glasses with dessert or to accompany cookies. Decorate the glass with the other berries.