Small Feta, Olive and Sun Dried Tomatoes Scones
- First sift the flours and baking powder into a large bowl, tip in any bran left in the sieve, then add the cayenne and mustard powder and, using a knife, work in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, plus the reserved tablespoon of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the mixture looks like lumpy breadcrumbs stir in the chopped thyme, cubed Feta, olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Now in a separate bowl beat the egg with the 2 tablespoons of milk and add half this mixture to the other ingredients.
- Using your hands, bring the mixture together to form a dough, adding more of the egg and milk as it needs it what you should end up with is a dough that is soft but not sticky.
- On a floured board, roll the dough out to a depth of 1 inch (do not roll it out thinner they might not rise well) stamp out the scones using a 2 inch cutter, plain or fluted.
- Put the cut-out pieces on a baking tray and brush them with the milk.
- Finally top each scone with the crumbled Feta, and put the tray on the highest shelf of the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes or until they've turned a golden colour.
- Then remove them to a wire rack to cool.